B&B Machinery (Manitou) – Swineshead, Lincolnshire
- B&B Machinery is a new company which is part of the B&B Tractors and Bowring Transport Group. We are an established agricultural dealer group with over 25 years experience in delivering industry leading machinery to customer across the midlands.
- Reporting to the Group Parts Manager, you will oversee the Manitou Parts Dept in our new Manitou dedicated B&B Machinery site in Lincolnshire initially working out of our Warsop head office until our new premises in Swineshead has been finalised and set up.
- What does the role of Parts Manager involve?
- To control and run the Parts Operation within the depot to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximising return on investment through Parts sales, Inventory control, expense control.
- To assist the Group Parts Manager in delivering the targets for the business by being responsible for ordering parts, goods in & out, the displays and retail area, and dealing with customers' queries. Also to ensure the Parts Department's administration is carried out correctly and on time and to put the customer first through actions and results.
- To help lead and motivate team members by example and to agreed standards.
- To follow an annual Parts Department budget to provide realistic, attainable and measurable parts profits goals which are compatible with the dealership's overall financial and operational objectives.
- To monitor performance indicators on a monthly basis to assure the achievement of departmental goals.
- To promote and merchandise parts, accessories and rural products using all appropriate advertising and promotion methods.
- To maintain an accurate and effective parts inventory control systems that includes proper counter procedures to achieve department goals for fill, customer service and inventory turnover.
- To make maximum use of all order discount programs, e.g. order on stock terms wherever possible
- To submit all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to achieve maximum credit.
- To resolve customer complaints regarding Parts with a focus on customer satisfaction and customer retention. To review all customer complaints with your line manager or the Dealer Principal.
- To assist in training any new Parts staff to support customer service requirements. To ensure that all staff at the depot maximise opportunities for Sales and to pass on relevant leads to the Service and/or Sales department. This includes training on the in-house system and manufacturers online systems, as well as Health & Safety rules.
- To control and maintain a proper paper flow in the Parts Department to reflect all parts activity and which are necessary to audit the performance of the Parts department.
- To conduct correspondence with outside suppliers for purchases, utilizing recognised purchasing procedures.
- To maintain a neat, clean and attractive environment throughout the Parts Department's area of responsibility.
- To assist with counter sales where necessary and to support customers' needs, but not to the extent that compromises the other duties.
- To maintain all department tools, equipment and vehicles in good working order.
- To ensure that all electronic systems (i.e. parts books,) are always up to date with the latest versions.
- To take responsibility for Health & Safety in the Parts department
- To increase knowledge within the role and to highlight to the Group Parts manager any required training needs to assist within the role.
- Any other duties as directed by the Dealership Management and in line with the objectives of the Dealership.
Skills & Qualifications
- Supervisory experience and strong leadership skills, to able to motivate a team of parts specialists, apprentices and administration staff.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, IBCOS or other dealership management system, relevant manufacturer online systems e.g. eDoc, Assist)
- Knowledge of effective purchasing, inventory management, retailing, technical knowledge, Health & Safety, customer service.
- Ability to prioritise and to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in parts marketing.
- Full UK driving licence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Swineshead, Lincolnshire: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Parts Management: 1 year (preferred)